Thursday, December 20, 2007

Give Me Wisdom!

I must admit that I am very tired today. Isn't it crazy how we run ourselves ragged at this time of year? For the last two nights I've gone shopping after the boys are in bed. Then there's been wrapping presents and trying to clean up before getting into bed. I'm in need of some rest and relaxation! Maybe next Wednesday, after all the presents are unwrapped and Grandma and Grandpa are loving on the boys. Here is today's name of Jesus:

Wisdom of God

...but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24

Let me give you a little context for this verse. Paul is talking about how the message of the cross is foolishness for those who are perishing but to us who are being saved it is the power of God (vs. 18). He goes on to say how Jews demanded signs and Greeks looked for wisdom, but what he was preaching was Christ crucified. That is the reason Jesus came to earth, to die for our sins, to save us. The angels were singing praises that first Christmas night. Did they know God's plan? Did they know that 33 years later they would be pleading for a command to go to His rescue and take Him off the cross? Praise God that He did not call to them. He endured the cross because of His love for us. My prayer is that we will all truly worship Him this Christmas.

3 comments:

Rita said...

My dear...you don't have o wait till Wednesday to rest....how about Tuesday?????

Anonymous said...

Amanda
oh I do hope you can rest some before next Wed?


worshipping Him this Christmas...

Sherrie said...

Give me wisdom and GIVE ME REST! Don't let Christmas slip you bye. Rest and be merry.